You are reading:
Bleach London Dip Dye Kit & Changing My Hair...Again!

Bleach London Dip Dye Kit & Changing My Hair...Again!

Posted on: Wednesday 24 June 2015

Here we go again! It has only been half a year since I cut off all my dip-dyed hair, and I'm now back to bleaching it! This time I decided I wanted to have a dark blonde to blonde ombre using a balayage technique, and like last time, I was able to get my very talented Mum to do it. Then I thought, seeing as my previous post on my hair has been one of my most popular posts on my blog, I thought I would document it and write about the process and products I used. Also, this is my 22nd blogpost- which I had to point out because of my obsession with the number 22- let's hope it's a good one! 
I did a lot of researching  into a load of different bleaching kits, but in the end I decided to use the Bleach London Dip Dye kit, and then their White Toner kit after. 

Bleach London DIY Dip Dye Kit

This was such a good little kit, containing everything you'd need for dip-dying hair; a blending lotion, bleaching powder,developing lotion, mixing pot, applicator brush, gloves, 'reincarnating' conditioning mask, and an instruction booklet with a step by step guide to using each of the components given.
Bleaching Powder: Two of these sachets were included in the box.

Pictured above is the developing lotion included in the pack. The tub I'm using in this picture is one I'd bought from Sally's previously, so I decided to use that one instead of the rectangular one they provided. 

This is the Blending Lotion provided in the kit, this helps to give a gradual change between the root colour and the blonde tips.
Bleach London White Toner
Again, a couple of the bits in this kit are not shown in this picture, but this kit includes; developing lotion, colourant, 'reincarnating' conditioning mask, gloves, and the instruction booklet with the guide to how to use everything in the kit.


The Process
To start off, pour both packets of bleaching powder into a pot. 




Then add the developing solution to the pot and mix with the powder until lumps have gone, forming a thick paste.
Then make sure you have lots of foil strips prepared. You will also need to make sure you have plenty of hair clips, hair bands, and ribbons for tying sections out of the way whilst you start on others.



My hair before the bleaching process.




As you can see from these photos my Mum took of me during the process, I had my hair sectioned into lots of different parts and had to keep track of timings to make sure I didn't leave any of my hair soaked in the bleach for longer than it needed. The product advises not to leave hair in too much longer than 45 minutes, however, whilst some of my hair took less time than that to bleach, other parts I left in for a lot longer- so I would suggest using this as a guideline, and maybe checking it every so often. Once the hair has reached the colour you want, rinse out the bleach straight away. 



After rinsing out all bleach from hair, shampoo your hair as normal, towel dry it, and then cover all bleached areas in the white toner. Above is a picture of my hair with the toner combed through it, and below is the result after rinsing.
After this, I then put on the 'reincarnating' conditioner. For this I put it all over my hair, wrapped it in a towel, and then left it for 20 minutes before rinsing it for the last time, and then drying and styling it. 




And above is the finished result! I'm so, so, so happy with it! My Mum did an amazing job with it, and the conditioner definitely helped make it look silky smooth and healthy! 
I'm also really happy with the two Bleach London products, they worked really well for me, especially the toner which really helped getting out the orange/yellow tones. For those of you wanting to do their own ombre at home I would definitely recommend these two products, they are a good price, and work really well- although, if you have longer hair I would advise getting two boxes of  the dip-dye kit because I used up all of the mixture with my short hair.  
For those interested in buying the products, I have put links in the titles labeling the products earlier on in this post. Let me know if any of you have used these products too, and if you have done/are doing anything with you hair this Summer?

-- AshCam


Comments

  1. Looking good! I gotta gt me some of that!
    www.Marinasays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Yeah you definitely should, it's really good stuff and was really easy to use!

      Delete