Tuesday, 26 January 2016

Taking Time Out

So, as you may have noticed from my absence on my blog over Christmas, December/January was extremely busy and extremely stressful for me. For those who don't know, I am a Fashion Design student at WSA, and so over Christmas, whilst most people were relaxing and having a rest  over the holidays, I was working on my projects from semester 1 everyday other than Christmas day. This continued until my semester 1 hand-in on 8th January, when I had finally finished my work and was able to pile it all up in the studio and leave it. After this hand-in date, we then had 2 weeks off whilst our work was assessed by our tutors, and I decided to go back home again to spend more time with my family.
Fashion Design courses are definitely not for everyone, you have to be able to handle the intensity of the work, it is very full on and you have to be sure it's what you want to do, and be dedicated to the work- us fashion students don't get much of a social life! However, after deadline (and after 2/3 weeks of really late nights and early mornings) I was drained of all energy, and so going home for the 2 weeks after hand-in meant that I could unwind and take time out from the stresses of uni life. During this time, I realised just how little time I get to myself, and how important it is to allow yourself breaks every once in a while. and spending time in the countryside where I live, was definitely the best place to be, and where I feel most relaxed. During term-time I always feel guilty whenever I'm not doing work, however, I've realised just how unhealthy an attitude that is, and I think this term, whilst the intensity is probably going to take a step up, I want to make sure that every now and then I allow myself time to switch off and not think about work. I think this is so important no matter what stage of life you are at. Whether your time-out is spending time with friends/family, travelling to new places, going on walks, exercising, shopping, or even, like me, just sitting down and reading a good book, just make sure you are allowing yourself time to 'switch off' and forget about all the stresses of work. I know that for me, this will give me a healthier and happier outlook on my projects at uni.

This post is a little different to what I usually post, however, it is something that is really important to me, and I believe is relevant to many of you. I hope that by sharing this with you all, that it can help you. Thank you for reading!

-- AshCam


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I took some time off from blogging in December too, mainly because I had just gotten through so many exams and then in December I was going away on holiday... I just kind of feel like you have to enjoy a holiday without worrying about having to write posts!
    Aleeha xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete

© AshCam. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig