Monday, 21 September 2015

Melinsey Mill, Cornwall


[Photo taken by Maria Cameron]
[Photo taken by Maria Cameron]
 On our last day we drove around to places where we could go for walks and have a coffee break when needed! Our first stop was here at Melinsey Mill, a family business, hidden away down a long, narrow, leafy lane, run in a restored 16th Century mill! There is a sweet little cafe selling hot & cold drinks, and cakes & snacks, with a few gifts like cards available to buy. There is seating inside the cafe and outside by the pond. We sat outside, and the tables were made from old millstones, and we were surrounded by nature, with tame birds sitting close by to us! I ordered the nicest hot chocolate, and whilst I didn't have anything to eat there, for my fellow coeliacs they had gluten free scones available! 
After our drinks, we wondered around the pond, where there was a definite 'Alice in Wonderland' feel to it, with cute little tables and chairs set up like the Mad Hatter's tea party, and a tiny little door buried away in the plants! Then when you get to the end there's a tunnel of trees where tea pots and tea cups are hung up in the trees! It is truly beautiful there, and I just love the quirkiness of the place! It's not all neat and tidy like some outdoor places, but that's what makes it pretty- the unkempt, overgrown plants and trees give it a special character unlike anywhere else I've been! 
I would definitely recommend a visit! I shall provide a link to their website: HERE so you can take a look yourself! 
Let me know if you have been, I'd love to hear what you thought of it too! 

-- AshCam



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© AshCam. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig