Monday, 30 March 2015

Warner Bros. 'Making of Harry Potter' Studio Tour London Pt. 2


The next part of the tour took us to the amazing Platform Nine-and-Three-Quarters and the newly opened Hogwarts Express! I loved this bit, there was so much to do in this section! You could get on the train and look at the cabin sections, where each year is represented by a different compartment. There's also the trolleys and the famous platform wall, where there's an opportunity to get a magical photo, plus a Hogwarts Express train ride experience with a green screen.
Platform nine-and-three-quarters and the Hogwarts Express

The train ride experience with the green screen animation.
[Photo credited to Maria Cameron]

A cabin from the train!
One of my snapchats from the day!
The mid-way cafe is after this section, where you can stop and get some lunch/refreshments, including the butter beer, which my sister tried and absolutely raved about! She's obsessed! The next bit goes outdoors, and again, this is one of my favourite parts of the whole tour because there's so much to see and get up close to! 
The Night Bus!

I loved this little sign on the side of the bus saying
 "ALL DESTINATIONS (Nothing Underwater)", I
found that a funny touch!

Number 4, Privet Drive...
[photo credited to Maria Cameron]

Potter's Cottage
I know it's a bit disheveled and creepy looking, but I seriously
love this cottage!

Hogwarts Bridge [feat. me all posey in the wind]
In the next bit, the huge chess pieces from the first film were lined up for viewing, and my sister and I went a bit crazy and decided to replicate each one- here are a couple of our replicated chess piece stances!
[Photo credited to Maria Cameron]

[Photo credited to Maria Cameron]

[Photo credited to Maria Cameron]

There is then another photo opportunity to sit in the Weasley's flying car and also Hagrid's flying motorbike and attachment! Here's my sister and I in the Weasley's car- as you can tell from my face I was so super happy!

[Photo credited to Maria Cameron]

The next bit was the model room, and these were seriously amazing to go around and view! Just the amount of detail in each one! Buckbeak was particularly cool to see, and was just as adorably cute as in the films! 
Gringott's Bank Goblins! 

Buckbeak the Hippogriff! 

Diagon Alley! 
 Diagon Alley was AMAZING! And another of the highlights of the tour for me- you really felt a part of Harry Potter when walking down that street and everything was just MAGICAL!
I particularly loved this little sign about baby Pygmypuffs!

[Photo credited to Maria Cameron]

As I have already said throughout these two posts, for me there were so many amazing highlights of the Harry Potter tour, but for me, this next part was the most amazing. The moment I walked into the room with the model of Hogwarts castle I was struck by it and just in awe of how beautiful it was. I literally spent a good 20 minutes just looking at the model and taking it all in!

The Hogwarts Castle Model
Next was the room with all the wands and wand boxes- however, I don't have any photos of this because my phone was completely exhausted and died before I could take any! And that was the end of the tour, and we were back in the gift shop where I bought a lot of stuff including a Phoenix [Fawkes] t-shirt, a HUGE Marauders Map Mug, a Chocolate Frog, and Dobby The House-Elf earrings!




I had the best time at the Warner Bros Studio Tour, and just loved seeing all the different aspects of making the film! It was such a good day, and I would definitely go again, because I don't believe I managed to see everything because there's just SO much there to look around at! If you are a Harry Potter fan get yourself there! 


-- Ash Cam



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© AshCam. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig