Sunday, 29 March 2015

Warner Bros. 'Making of Harry Potter' Studio Tour London Pt.1



As part of a Christmas present for my sister and I , our parents bought us tickets to go on the Warner Bros. 'The Making of Harry Potter' Studio Tour in London, and so last Tuesday my family and I all headed to the studios.  The HP books and movies were a huge part of my childhood, and I am still a mahooosive fan of all things Harry Potter, so I was just so super excited to go on this tour, and it did not let me down! I would definitely recommend going, because everything about it was just amazing!

We arrived slightly early for our scheduled tour time, so we decided to have a look around the shop before getting in the queue. Even the shop itself is impressive, with so much to see, and a real range of merchandise available to buy for all different budgets. And I have to admit, I did spend quite a lot of money on merch that day, but that you will see later on in the post!

Chess board and set in the gift shop
Bertie Bott's every flavour beans and Chocolate Frogs

Mini Mirror of Erised [this was before the tour, so I was very excited]

THE TOUR

THE GREAT HALL

Hogwarts Professors 
After entering the huge doors, you are taken through into The Great Hall of Hogwarts. This is such an impressive beginning of the tour, and it's amazing to think about the amount of times the cast members have wandered up and down there! This got me even more excited for what was to come in the rest of the tour!

Costumes worn by Hermione, Krum, Harry and Cho for the Yule Ball
I absolutely loved seeing all the beautiful costumes from the Yule Ball, but also other iconic outfits worn by certain characters. Especially the Luna Lovegood outfits! I absolutely love her as a character both in the books and the movies, and so for me this was one of the highlights of the whole tour!
I have to say too, that if you are in any way involved in or have an interest in costume design/making, set design, theatre design, etc, then I would definitely recommend you go on this tour, I think it would be really beneficial for you!
More of the characters costumes [Luna's were just too cool!]
This common room looks so cosy! I wish my sixth form's common room had been like this! Although, actually, thinking about it, I just wish I could go to Hogwarts!

Gryffindor Common Room

Order of the Pheonix + Lupin, Tonks, and Sirius' costumes


Dumbledore's Office
I absolutely loved seeing Dumbledore's office! The attention to detail in all aspects of the tour is incredible, but this office in particular was just amazing! In the picture I've put up you can't see the paintings of the witches and wizards, but if you've seen the films you will know and have seen the moving paintings covering the walls of Professor Dumbledore's office. The paintings are impressive enough in the film, but getting up close with them you can appreciate the amount of work that's put into doing them, and I was in awe of them! I also just generally love Dumbledore's office in the film, and it is certainly not disappointing in real life! Plus I loved seeing Fawkes later on in the tour!

Professor Snape and the potions classroom.

The Burrow!

Voldermort and the Death Eater's.

Dolores Umbridge's Office!
As a self-confessed 'Crazy Cat Lady' I just loved the design of this office in the films, and seeing it in the physical form was just awesome! I love it even more!


Dolores Umbridge Educational Decree's 


CLICK HERE for Part Two.... [I'm splitting this into two posts because there's a lot of photos involved and it may get a bit crazy if I put it all in one post!]

-- Ash Cam



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© AshCam. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig